Memphis/DeSoto Adult Degree Programs Application
Our staff will work with you to determine which of our programs is the right choice for you. If Belhaven University is the path God has chosen for you, we will support you. We look forward to celebrating your graduation. If you have any additional questions throughout this process, please contact us via phone Memphis - 901-896-0184 / DeSoto - 662-469-5387 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com.
- STEP 1: Complete the online Application for Admission by selecting your anticipated start date and pay the $25 application fee online.
- Minimum age of 21* (If you are unable to meet the admission requirements, please contact the Office of Admission.)
- Undergraduate students - One year of relevant work experience required.
- Graduate students - Two years relevant work experience required.
- STEP 2: Apply for Federal Assistance by filing the Free Application for Federal Assistance (FAFSA). Be sure to list Belhaven as one of the colleges to receive the results of your evaluation. Our code number is 002397.
- STEP 3: Request Transcripts: Please submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended. You may make copies of the transcript request form. We will submit that to all universities you have attended and pay the transcript request fee for you.
- Undergraduate students applying with fewer than 12 semester hours of college credit acceptable by Belhaven must also submit an official high school transcript showing the date of graduation. A 2.0 grade point average is required.
- A student who has earned the General Education Development (GED) certificate may be admitted. An official GED transcript must be provided from the State Department of Education of the state that issued the certificate; subscores must be 45 or higher or an average standard score of 50 or higher.
- STEP 4: Transferring Credits: Credit is usually allowed for students transferring work from another regionally accredited institution. See Transferability of credit notice. The registrar will determine if the work is consistent with a liberal arts curriculum. The final decision is made on the basis that work must:
- Be from an accredited institution
- Be college academic level, and
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
What’s Next? We want you to succeed! Your admission representative will work with you to determine what, if any, additional items (such as a Resume, personal essay, GMAT, GRE, MAT test results, etc.) may be required to present your application package to the Admission Committee. Once all appropriate information has been submitted your application file will be evaluated by the Admission Committee. Your admission representative will contact you as soon as a decision is made. Once admitted you will be scheduled to start in the next available class.
Notice of Non-Discriminatory Policy as to Student:
Belhaven University does not discriminate in the administration of its education policies, applications for admission, scholarship and loan programs, or athletic and extracurricular programs. The rights, privileges, programs and activities at Belhaven University are made available to all students who are enrolled regardless of sex, religion, color, national origin, handicap or age.