Master of Business Administration
The Master of Business Administration program (MBA) at Belhaven University is truly a blend of the sophisticated academic world, the practical and technologically dependent career world, and the eternal world of Christian faith. The enabling thrust of our business degree, is to develop in students that rare level of discernment so much in demand, both globally and locally, and to give leadership and direction to those in the secular world who lack an ethical operating foundation.
The above qualities can best be developed in Master of Business Administration students through an intense program of both the appropriate academics advocated, and the verity of validating values to which the College, the Division of Business Administration, and each faculty member are totally committed.
MBA program classes are offered one night per week. The format is a concentrated, continuous approach. Students are required to participate in Project Team activities within each course, designed to enhance the learning process and the development of problem-solving skills.COURSE DESCRIPTIONS COURSE SCHEDULE
Objectives of the Master of Business Administration Program
The Master of Business Administration program seeks to develop persons who can function successfully in upper middle management and top management positions. The emphasis is on strategic management concepts and principles. The M.B.A. program makes use of recent research findings, uses complex computer models, stresses the importance of human relations skills, and integrates strategic management processes through a Christian worldview.
The following educational objectives are those of the M.B.A. program:
- To provide a program which equips graduates with the skills and knowledge necessary for obtaining employment in managerial positions and for advancing their careers.
- To serve the business community by offering evening classes for executives who wish to enhance their management skills.
- To provide a graduate education program which emphasizes a strong foundation in Christian ethics and worldview.
- To assist managers and future managers in improving speaking, negotiating, and human relations skills.
- To emphasize the use of technology in management by providing a computer-enhanced program.
- To prepare students at the graduate level for integrating the major functional areas of business into the making of business policy.
- To provide an opportunity for executives and future executives to apply theory to real-life business and industry situations.
- To help managers develop a global perspective by providing a study of foreign political, technical, and economic structures in relation to business practices.
Our MBA and MSL courses are delivered in a blended format, which will give students the opportunity to learn in both classroom and online environments. Lectures are presented online, and classroom time is devoted to discussion of relevant topics. This format allows students the opportunity to revisit the lectures as many times as they would like, in order to fully grasp the content. The online delivery of the lectures can be viewed at the student's convenience. The class time gained by having lectures online allows students more time to interact with their instructors and peers. This time is spent learning how to apply the course content in the workplace.
|Course Number||Course Name||Credits|
|MSL601||Introduction to Graduate Education||3|
|MBA624||Ethical Problems in Business||3|
|MBA646||Legal Environment of Business||3|
|MBA682||Principles of Executive Leadership||3|
|Business in a Global Environment or
Up to 6 hours of accredited graduate work may be transferred if a B or better has been earned in each course. A 2.8 cumulative GPA or a 2.8 GPA in the last 60 hours from undergraduate work is required for admission or 9 hours of graduate work with a B in each course. REQUIRED: Completion (with grade of a "C" or better) of College algebra or higher mathematics course.
Students applying to the Master of Business Administration degree program must also submit the following:
- A professional resume which demonstrates a minimum of 2 years of significant full-time work experience.
- Two completed recommendation forms (one being from a current or former supervisor), if requested.